Let’s indulge your sweet tooth without any guilt!
Let’s put the Famous Italian dessert Panna cotta on a diet (giggles)
Traditionally, it is made by thickening sweetened cream using gelatin.
I personally don’t like using gelatin, so I have used agar agar powder(Plant based gelatin substitute) here.
I believe that we can always have our sweet fix by making smart choices.
So here is my recipe of delicious yet healthy low-calorie Vanilla Panna cotta!
Well under 150 calories!!!!
Yup you have heard it right – 150 calories !!!
Let’s make it together!
You will need
- 2 cup skimmed milk ( Full fat version – 1 cup full cream milk + 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup sugar ,adjust as per taste
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence or flavoring of your choice ( strawberry, almond, butterscotch)
Keep them handy
Pan and Wooden spoon
- In a clean ,dry bowl mix the milk(or milk and cream) with the agar powder well. Let the mix rest for 15 minutes for the agar powder to bloom.
- Heat the pan, add the milk mixture, next vanilla and sugar.
- Boil it gently in a pan while stirring and then simmer for few seconds. Pour the mix equally in the molds.
- The mix will set at room temperature in 30-60 minutes (depends on the size of the mold).
- Chill for at least 4 hours before servings
Makes about 6 servings
- Enjoy with chocolate sauce and fresh fruits.